The NSW Government is investing heavily in measures to protect the people of NSW. NSW has the toughest laws and most robust arrangements in the country to counter terrorism and violent extremism. This strategy outlines the NSW Government's coordinated approach to addressing this evolving threat.
Our counter terrorism and countering violent extremism efforts are guided by the following principles:
- Community safety is our first priority
- Efforts to enhance public safety reinforce our way of life
- We all share responsibility for action
- Our approach is based on evidence and intelligence
- Our approach is responsive and able to adapt.
Issued December 2018.