The public plays a major role in providing information to law enforcement and intelligence agencies charged with protection the community. Even if you think it's probably nothing, the smallest piece of information can be valuable. Calls to the National Security Hotline have already contributed to investigations. If something doesn't add up, speak up by calling the 24-hour Hotline on 1800 123 400.
Some things to look out for include:
- persons demonstrating radicalised behaviour
- unusual filming or photography of official buildings or other critical infrastructure
- suspicious vehicles near significant buildings or in busy public places
- false or multiple identities
- unusual purchases of large quantities of fertiliser, chemicals or explosives
- unattended bags.
For more detail about suspicious behaviour see the National Security website.