©State of NSW through NSW Ministry for Police and Emergency Services/NSW Police Force.
This website contains information, data, documents, pages, images, sound recordings, video footage, code, applications, graphics and other materials ('material') that is either:
- prepared by or for the NSW Ministry for Police and Emergency Services and/or the NSW Police Force
- prepared by other NSW Government departments or agencies, or
- owned by a third party and licensed to the NSW Government for the purposes of this website.
Unless indicated otherwise, all such material is subject to copyright under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and is either owned by or licensed to the NSW Government.
The material on this website is provided for your information and not for any other purpose. The NSW Government encourages the availability, dissemination and exchange of public information.
You may copy, download, print and display any NSW Government* material on this website (but excluding the State arms and symbols, NSW Police Force insignia and any other NSW Government logos or trademarks) for:
- your personal use
- internal circulation within your organisation, or
- your non-commercial use
without formal permission or charge, provided:
- the source is acknowledged
- you do not remove any copyright notice on such material
- you do not use the materials in a manner that might mislead or deceive any person, and
- you do not modify the materials.
More stringent conditions may apply to particular materials or particular sections of this website. If so, you must comply with those conditions.
Apart from the conditions above, you must not:
- copy or reproduce any material for commercial purposes
- publish any material including images or text from the site
- communicate or distribute any material on this website to others, including via email or by posting material on the internet
- charge others for access to any material
- include all or part of any material in advertising or a product for sale, or
- modify any materials.
without prior written permission from the NSW Ministry for Police and Emergency Services and the NSW Police Force. To obtain permission, please contact us online or by mail to:
Ministry for Police and Emergency Services
GPO Box 5434
Sydney NSW 2001
The NSW Government can not and does not grant you permission or authority to use (other than view) materials featured on this website that are not owned by the NSW Government.
If you wish to use any material owned by others, we strongly recommend you refer to the copyright notice or acknowledgment accompanying that material and contact the relevant copyright owner for permission.
The content includes registered trademarks and trademarks that are the subject of pending applications or which are otherwise protected by law including, but not limited to, the word secureNSW and the secureNSW logo. Unless indicated otherwise, these trademarks are owned by the NSW Government and may be the subject of rights in other countries.
You are not permitted to use the secureNSW logo or the name secureNSW without the express permission of the NSW Police Force. To obtain permission, please contact us online.
You are also not permitted to use the State arms, the name, initials or seal or any other insignia of the NSW Police Force, or any other NSW Government logos or trademarks without express prior written permission.
The unauthorised use of any NSW Police Force insignia as defined in section 203 of the Police Act 1990 (NSW) except as permitted by that section (for example, with the express written approval of the NSW Commissioner of Police) is an offence and may lead to prosecution.
The unauthorised use of the State arms or a State symbol in connection with any trade, business, calling or profession is also an offence and may lead to prosecution under the State Arms, Symbols and Emblems Act 2004 (NSW).
You must not remove any copyright notice, trade mark notice, watermark, or any other technological protection measure or electronic rights management information attached to or embodied in any materials on this website.
Links to our site
Credible internet sites have permission to link to this website, provided the following conditions are complied with:
- we prefer you to make a direct link to our homepage to ensure that the latest version is always displayed
- links must be presented in a way which fairly represents our role and this site. They must not embarrass us
- the context in which you insert the link must not give your visitors the impression that your site, or your company, is sponsored or endorsed by us
- you must not tag, link, frame, reformat or alter files, pages, images, information or materials from this website on any other website
- the context of the link must not suggest that we have created any of your content, ie the source material must be clear, and acknowledgment of this website clearly provided
- you must not reproduce any State arms or symbols, NSW Police Force insignia or any other logos or trade marks appearing on this website without prior written approval
- you must not retransmit, distribute or commercialise any of the material on this site
- you must not use this site to sell a product or increase traffic to your site.
The NSW Government is committed to enhancing the public availability, dissemination and exchange of information.
The secureNSW website has been established by the NSW Ministry for Police and Emergency Services and NSW Police Force to enable you to quickly and easily access information in relation to counter terrorism that is of relevance to NSW.
Although care has been taken in the preparation of this website, the material is made available on the website on the understanding that the:
- NSW Government* does not warrant or represent that the material which appears at this website is complete, current, reliable, and/or free from errors
- NSW Government* does not warrant or represent or accept any liability in relation to the quality, operability or accuracy of the material
- NSW Government* can not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss, personal injury, death, damage, cost or expense you or any other person may incur in connection with the use of this website or any linked site or any reliance upon the materials which appear at this website or any linked site.
The NSW Government does not necessarily agree with, support, sponsor or endorse any other person's views, opinions, standards, information, products or services that might appear or be mentioned at this website.
Users of the website are responsible for making their own assessment of the material and its relevance for their own purposes, and, if appropriate, should verify all relevant representations, statements and information with their own professional advisers.
Whilst the material is considered to be true and correct at the date of publication, changes in circumstances after the time of publication may impact upon its accuracy.
Every effort has been made to comply with suppression orders or statutory provisions prohibiting publication that may apply to material published on this website, and to avoid the publication of material that may be prejudicial to pending court or inquiry proceedings. The onus remains on any person using material to ensure that the intended use of that material does not breach any such order or provision or the general law of contempt of court.
The NSW Government may also make improvements and/or changes in the material and/or the website at any time without prior notice. The NSW Government is not in any way liable for the accuracy of any information printed and stored by a user.
The secureNSW website and any links from it to other websites are intended as an information source only, with the NSW Government's desire to promote multiculturalism, tolerance and diversity in our society in mind. Despite efforts of the NSW Government to review and assess the suitability of this website and any linked sites, some material which appears on these sites may cause offence or upset to some visitors. The NSW Government regrets, but can not take responsibility for, any such offence or upset caused.
If you are offended or upset by any material that appears on an internet website, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the Australian Communications and Media Authority, who will then investigate the complaint and take such action as it thinks fit.
This website contains links to other websites (linked sites). These links have been included on the secureNSW website for your convenience with the intention of increasing the information available to you. These linked sites may not be maintained and may not be current.
The NSW Government has no control over linked sites, and takes no responsibility for the content of any linked site. As a result:
- it is your responsibility to make your own decisions about the accuracy, reliability and correctness of information found on these linked sites
- different copyright restrictions may apply to linked sites. It is your responsibility to check copyright notices for all linked sites you visit and to comply with those notices
- the NSW Government cannot warrant that the linked sites are complete, current, reliable and/or free from error
- the NSW Government cannot accept responsibility or liability for any loss, personal injury, death, damage, cost or expense you might incur as a result of the use of or reliance upon the materials which appear at the linked site
- the NSW Government is not responsible for and does not necessarily agree with, support, endorse or sponsor the views, opinions, standards or information expressed on linked sites or their owners or operators or any products or services available on linked sites
- the absence of a link from the secureNSW website to any other website should not be taken as a criticism or comment by the NSW Government of the provider or content of that site.
The search engines on this website are provided to assist internet users to locate resources more quickly. However, the NSW Government takes no responsibility for the accuracy, currency, reliability or correctness of its search facilities, and does not warrant or represent that the search facilities are free from errors or omission, or that they are exhaustive.
The output of any internet search is dependent on the nature of the search engine and the search topic used. You should not expect a search conducted through any search engine to provide you with an exhaustive list of the sources of information available on the topic.
The internet is not a secure medium. Communications to and from the website may be viewed, intercepted or altered in transit and files downloaded from this website may contain computer viruses or other malicious software or defects.
The NSW Government does not warrant or represent that this website or any linked sites, are free from anything which may interfere with or damage any computer system, software or data, and accepts no responsibility for any such interference or damage.
Whilst the NSW Government intends that the secureNSW website be quickly and easily accessible, it cannot guarantee that the site will be continuously available. There will be occasions where the site is unavailable due to site maintenance or other reasons. This is regretted but is unavoidable.
* NSW Government in the context of this Copyright & Disclaimer notice refers to the State of NSW, and includes its Ministers, the NSW Police Force, its Commissioner and its members, employees, agents and contractors, and the NSW Ministry for Police and Emergency Services and its employees, agents and contractors.
In an emergency call: Triple Zero (000)
Report suspicious activity to the National Security Hotline: 1800 1234 00
Click here for a complete list of emergency and important contact numbers.