Welcome to secureNSW,
This site provides the New South Wales community and its visitors with information about counter terrorism arrangements as well as updates during an incident. Specialised arrangements to counter terrorism are unfortunately necessary due to terrible events that have occurred in NSW as well as in other parts of the world, and this site is designed to give relevant information to the public.
The National Terrorism Threat Level is now at 'Probable'. The NSW Government's highest priority is ensuring the safety of our community and protecting our way of life. This website contains:
- Essential emergency contact numbers,
- An overview of counter terrorism arrangements,
- What the NSW Government is doing to counter terrorism, including the roles of the NSW Government agencies,
- What will happen in an incident,
- How authorities engage with the community,
- Information on what you can do.
If, at any time, you see or hear any suspicious behaviour or activity, I encourage you to contact the National Security Hotline immediately on 1800 1234 000. Your knowledge may provide the significant piece of information that law enforcement agencies need.
Together, we must work together to protect our values of freedom, democracy and harmony.
Mike Baird MP
Premier of NSW